« السابقةمتابعة »
member of said corporation for life; and every contributor of the value of five dollars, or upwards, shall be entitled to have such number of patients (being proper objects of this institution) on the Dispensary list, and for such term of time as shall be prescribed by the bye laws of the corporation.
And be it further enacted, That it shall be the duty of the trustees of the corporation hereby created, to exhibit annually between the first and last days of May in each year, to the chancellor of this state, a full and particular account of all the estate, both real and personal, then vested in the said corporation, and of the rent or income thereof, attested by the oath of the treasurer thereof, that the same is a true and
perfect account, together with a particular and detailed account of all the monies expended by the said corporation in the preceding year, specifying the several purposes to which it has been applied ; and if it shall appear to the said chancellor, that the amount of the said property, or the disposal of the same, is not agreeable to the true intent and meaning of this act, he shall report the same to the legislature at their next ensuing session.
And be it further enacted, That this act shall be, and is hereby declared to be a public act, and shall be construed benignly and favorably, for every beneficial purpose herein intended.
THE PHYSICIANS AND APOTHECARY.
THERE shall be four attending Physicians,
HERE four consulting Physicians, and an Apothecary, annually elected by the Trustees of the Dis. pensary.
DIVISION OF THE CITY INTO DISTRICTS,
1. The City shall be divided into four Districts.
The first District to embrace all that part of the City south of Murray, Frankfort, and Do. ver-streets-to be denominated the Southern District.
2. The second to comprehend that part of the City cast of Chatham and Division-streets, and that part of Grand-street east of Division-street to be called the Eastern District.
3. The third to extend west of Chatham and Division-streets, to the Broadway--to be call ed the Northern District.
4. The fourth to embrace that part of the City west of the Broadway, and north of Murraystreet—to be known by the name of the Western District.
DUTIES OF THE PHYSICIANS.
1. The Physicians of the Northern and Southern Districts, shall attend at the Dispensary from 9 to 10 A. M. and those of the Eastern and Western Districts from 12 to 1, upon every day of the year (Sundays excepted)to prescribe for those patients whose disorders do not confine them to their houses ; but such patients whose cases render them unable to attend at the Dispensary, shall be regularly visited at their respective places of abode.
2. Should indisposition, or any other reasonable cause, prevent a Physician from attending to the duties of the Dispensary, he shall immediately request the attendance of either of the other Physicians of the Institution.
3. It shall be the duty of the Physicians to leave with the Patients, particular plain written directions for taking such medicines as they may prescribe.
4. The attending Physicians shall hold a consultation on every case that may require it, and may call upon the consulting Physicians for their additional advice whenever they think proper.
5. Their pupils shall have the privilege of attending the patients with them, but are, in no case whatever, permitted to prescribe.
DUTIES OF THE APOTHECARY.
1. The Apothecary shall attend at the Dispensary from 9 to 1 A. M. and from 3 to 6 P. M.
2. He shall receive the recommendations which may be given to the sick by the subscribers, and shall record the same.
3. He shall register in a Book kept for that purpose, the Patients under
the nature of the disease, the medicines prescribed, their