What Makes America Great?: Land of Freedom, Honor, Justice, and Opportunity
iUniverse, 01/06/2003 - 244 من الصفحات
Unlike dry history books, "What Makes America Great?" is written in a breezy, personal style. It makes history come alive with humanizing stories about the men and women who made America great.
· Chapter 1 provides objective proof of America's greatness, using a lot of statistics.
· Chapters 2 and 3 cover the early history of America and explain why we revolted.
· Chapter 4 explains our victory over England in the American Revolution, a tremendous upset. Few Americans know how the colonists achieved this astounding feat.
· Some modern "debunkers" like to say that our founding fathers acted out of selfishness rather than principle. Chapter 5 shows the idealism of our founders and details the sacrifices made by the signers of the Declaration of Independence.
· Our founding fathers were faced with the exciting but daunting task of creating an entirely new kind of country. Well-educated men, they based the United States on principles developed by the world's greatest philosophers. Chapter 6 starts with Moses and goes through Locke and Voltaire. Each philosopher's ideas are related to American ideals.
· The Declaration and the Constitution are the two greatest publications mankind has ever known. But they weren't created out of thin air. Chapter 7 discusses the precedents our forefathers studied before drafting these two great documents.
· In Chapter 8, each American war is discussed in the light of whether it was ju
ما يقوله الناس - كتابة مراجعة