« السابقةمتابعة »
124 mo. 1
ACCORDING TO THE USE OF
The Protestant Episcopal Church
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA:
THE PSALTER, OR PSALMS OF DAVID.
STANFORD AND SWORDS, 137, BROADWAY.
It is hereby certified that this edition of the Common Prayer-Book, the Articles, Offices, and Metre Psalms and Hymns, having been compared and corrected by the Standard Book, by a Presbyter duly appointed, as the Canon directs, is permitted to be published accordingly.
On behalf, and by order of the Ecclesiastical Authority of the Diocese of New-York.
NEW-YORK, April 15, 1852,
President of the Standing Committee.
BENJAMIN I. HAIGHT,
TABLE OF CONTENTS.
3. The Order how the Psalter is appointed to be read.
4. The Order how the rest of the Holy Scripture is appointed to
5. Tables of Lessons of Holy Scripture, to be read at Morning
7. Tables and Rules for the Moveable and Immoveable Feasts,
together with the Days of Fasting and Abstinence through-
8. Tables for finding the Holy-days.
9. The Order for Daily Morning Prayer.
10. The Order for Daily Evening Prayer.
11. Prayers and Thanksgivings upon several Occasions, to be
used before the two final prayers of Morning and Evening
12. The Collects, Epistles, and Gospels, to be used throughout the
13. The Order for the Administration of the Lord's Supper, or
15. The Ministration of Private Baptism of Children, in Houses.
16. The Ministration of Baptism to such as are of Riper Years,
17. A Catechism; that is to say, an Instruction to be learned by
every Person before he be brought to be confirmed by the
18. The Order of Confirmation,'or Laying on of Hands upon those
that are baptized, and come to years of Discretion.
19. The Form of Solemnization of Matrimony.
20. The Order for the Visitation of the Sick.
21. The Communion of the Sick.
22. The Order for the Burial of the Dead.
23. The Thanksgiving of Women after Child-birth, commonly
called, The Churching of Women.
25. A Form of Prayer for the Visitation of Prisoners.
26. A Form of Prayer and Thanksgiving to Almighty God, for the
Fruits of the earth, and all the other Blessings of His merci-