« السابقةمتابعة »
GENERAL PUBLIC ACTS
PASSED BY THE
An Act to authorize the Registry of Deeds of Trust of Personal
Property. WHEREAS, gifts of personal property of great value are from Preamble.
time to time made by deed to literary, benevolent, religious and charitable institutions, upon particular trusts therein specified; and whereas, the public has an interest in many of such gifts, and it is desirable that the trusts whereon the same may be given should be matter of public record ; therefore,
1. BE IT ENACTED by the Senate and General Assembly of Clerks of the State of New Jersey, That the clerks of the courts of cord deeds of common pleas of the several counties of this state be, and trust of per.. they are hereby authorized to record in suitable books to be provided for that purpose, any deed of personal property made or to be made to any literary, benevolent, religious or charitable institution, the same having thereon such certificate of the acknowledgment or proof of the execution thereof, as is or may be by law required for recording of deeds of real estate, which certificate shall be recorded therewith, and such deed shall be recorded in the county where such institution is situate.
charitof the ackn be by la
Authorizing acknowledg. ment of deeds.
2. And be it enacted, That all persons authorized by law ds. to take the acknowledgement or proof of execution of deeds
of real estate, are hereby authorized to take the acknowledgment or proof of execution required by the first section of this act, and to make the like charge therefor, as in case of
deeds of real estate. Record of deed 3: And be it enacted, That all deeds recorded by virtue of and transcript this act shall be recorded in like manner as deeds of real in evidence. éştate, and shall be properly indexed, and the record of any
such deed and a transcript of such record duly certified by the clerk in whose office the record is kept, shall be received in evidence in any court of this state, in the same manner and to the same effect as the record or the transcript of the record of deeds of real estate is now received.
4. And be it enacted, That the clerks shall be entitled for all services to be performed by virtue of this act, to the same fees as for like services in the case of deeds of real estate.
5. And be it enacted, That this act shall take effect immediately.
Speaker of the House of Assembly.
A Supplement to the act entitled “ An Act to authorize the establishment and to prescribe the duties of companies for manufacturing and other purposes," approved March second, eighteen hundred and forty-nine.
1. BE IT ENACTED by the Senate and General Assembly of nies may be the State of New Jersey, That whenever in the judgment of
the board of directors of any company organized under the
provisions of the act to which this is a supplement, and the various supplements thereto, it shall be deemed advisable and most for the benefit of such company, that the same should be dissolved before the expiration of the time limited in its certificate of incorporation, it shall and may be lawful for sach board of directors, within ten days after the adoption of a resolution to that effect by a inajority of the whole board at any meeting called for that purpose, and of which meeting every director shall have received at least three days' notice, to cause written or printed notice of the adoption of such resolution to be mailed to each and every stock holder of such company residing in the United States, and also within said ten days cause a like notice to be published in one or more newspapers published and circulating in the county whereia such corporation shall have their principal office and be conducting their business, at least four weeks successively, once a week, next preceding the time appointed for the same, of a meeting of such stockholders to be held at the office of such company in such county, to take action upon such resolation so adopted by the board of directors, and which meeting shall be held between the hours of ten o'clock in the forenoon and three o'clock in the afternoon of the day so Dimed, and which meeting may on the day so appointed, by consent of a majority in interest of the stockholders present, be adjourned from time to time for not less than eight days at any one time, of which adjourned meeting notice by advertisement in such paper shall be given; and if at any such meeting two-thirds in interest of all the stockholders shall consent that such dissolution shall take place, and signify such their consent in writing, then, and in such case, such company shall, apon filing such consent, duly attested by their secretary, in the office of the secretary of state and receiving from him a certificate that such consent has been so filed, be dissolved ; and the board of directors of such company shall cause such certificate to be published four weeks successively, at least once in each week, in one or more of the papers published and circulating in the county in which such company has been located and conducting its business; and at the expiration of such time the said board shall proceed to settle up and adjust the business and affairs of such company in the same manner as though the same had been dissolved by the expiration of the time mentioned in their certificate of incorporation; provided, that the secretary of state shall not issue the Proviso.
certificate of dissolution herein before mentioned until satis.fied by due proof that the requirements of this act have been fully complied with by such corporation.
2. And be it enacted, That this act shall take effect immediately.
Approved February 15, 1870.
A Further Supplement to an act entitled “ An Act concerning
roads,” approved April sixteenth, eighteen hundred and fortysix.
set aside in vath
Proceedings of 1. BE IT ENACTED by the Senate and General Assembly of surveyors not the State of New Jersey, That no proceedings or return of preet lint efician surveyors of the highways had or made under the act, to which
this is a further supplement, or under any supplement to said act, shall be reversed, set aside or held to be insufficient by reason of any defect in the official oath or affirmation of any surveyor of the highways, or of the neglect or omission of any such surveyor of the highways to take, subscribe or file such oath or affirmation unless objection shall be made in respect to such oath or the absence thereof at the time of the appointment of such surveyor.
2. And be it enacted, that this act shall take effect immediately.
Approved February 15, 1870.